For Gator Only - MOTOR/GEARBOX REPLACEMENT WITH METAL PLATE ATTACHED
The following procedure explains the recommended method of removing and replacing
one or both drive motor/gearbox in your Gator electric toy.
IF YOU HAVE A POLARIS 700 TOY, DISREGARD THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
WARNING: Disconnect the battery prior to beginning this procedure
NOTE: BEFORE INSTALLING MOTOR/GEARBOX, REMOVE THE 2 SCREWS ON THE NEW GEARBOX. See FIG. A.
- 1.Raise the dump bed to gain access to the lift cylinder mounting pin. Remove the pin.
- 2.Tilt the dump bed all the way back to the vertical position. Remove the right and left bed pivot pins. Remove the dump bed from the toy.
- 3.Pull up on the motor/gearbox compartment cover to unsnap it for removal. Remove the cover.
- 4.Pull the wire connectors off the motor terminals. If you are replacing a single motor/gearbox disconnect the appropriate terminals.
- 5.Using a flat blade screwdriver remove the center hubcap from a rear wheel.
- 6.Remove the axle nut and washers at the center of the wheel. Pull the wheel off the axle.
- 7.At the opposite wheel, pull the wheel and axle out of the toy.
- 8.Remove (3) screws that hold the motor/gearbox in the toy.
- 9.Remove the motor/gearbox. Repeat Steps 8 and 9 if replacing both motor/gearboxs.
- a.You will need to unscrew the motor from the gearbox if replacing just the motor or just the gearbox.
- b.To do this, locate the half moon shape grey piece. There will be two screws. Remove the two screws and pull the gearbox and motor apart.
- c.Discard the item you are replacing and install the new piece. Be sure to screw the two screws back on to hold the motor to the gearbox.
- 10.Install motor/gearbox(s) as required. Position each motor/gearbox using its locator pin, which matches the locator hole between the top two mounting screw holes. The threaded mounting holes in the motor/gearbox must line up exactly with the mounting holes in the toy. Secure each motor/gearbox with screws and washers removed in Step 8. Be sure the motor/gearbox is flat against the inside surface of the toy and the mounting screws are tight.
- 11.Connect the wire connectors to the appropriate motor terminals: Right side: black forward, white rear and Left side: blue forward, red rear.
- 12.Install the axle and wheel by inserting the axle end into either motor/gearbox, pushing the axle through the toy, through the opposite motor/gearbox and out the opposite side. Be sure the PLUS OR HEX shaped drive hub on the wheel fully seats on the PLUS OR HEX shaped drive hub on the motor/gearbox
- 13.Install the wheel from Step 6 using the large flat washer, the small flat washer and the lock nut.
- 14.Install center hubcap by pressing it into the hub.
- 15.Connect the battery and test the vehicle. If motor/gearbox(s) fail to operate, check all electrical connections. Retest. If the wheel is spinning backwards, switch the wires on that motor and retest.
- 16.Replace motor/gearbox compartment cover, dump bed, bed pivots and lift piston pin. Be sure all pins are fully seated.