Polaris 800 and 850
How to change out the motor Gearboxes
- 1.Remove the small hubcap in the center of the wheel using a flat head screwdriver. Push the small tabs in and pry up.
- 2.Remove the nut from the axle using the appropriate size wrench or socket.
- 3.Remove the wheel from the axle.
- 4.Slowly pull the gear box up-there will be two wires attached to the motopr.
- 5.Gently pull the two wires off the motor prongs. Note-the two wire colors will be red and blue OR black and white.
- 6.Completely remove the motor gearbox from the axle. Remove the two screws that hold the motor to the gearbox.
- 7.Lift off the metal spacer from the old motor.
- 8.Place the spacer onto the new motor, matching up the screw holes. Make sure the spacer is flat against the motor. If the spacer is not flat-flip it over so the pegs are up.
- 9.Place new motor onto axle. To help line up the axle through the gearbox, the center white gear can slide slightly side to side to allow you to align the axle.
- 10.Put the wires on the new motor prongs
- 11.Place the gearbox down into the wheel housing.
- 12.Make sure inner hub wheel cogs are in place.
- 13.Place wheel onto axle.
- 14.Place nut onto axle
- 15.Replace hub cap.